Effective date: October 10th 2019.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and any other language version, the English version shall prevail.
Please read the General Terms of Service located at www.talk2tincan.com/en/general-terms-of-service before using our Services. By accepting the Terms of Services, you warrant and represent that you have read, understood and agreed to our privacy practices described in this Policy and our Terms of Service. Where we require your consent to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described further below. If you disagree with anything in this Policy, you should immediately discontinue access or use of our Services.
Furthermore, we may provide you with “just-in-time” disclosures or additional information about the data collection, use and sharing practices of specific Services. These notices may provide more information about our privacy practices, or provide you with additional choices about how we process your personal information.
- Information Collected
In this Policy, the term “personal information” includes any information that identifies or makes an individual identifiable. Our primary purpose in collecting your personal information is to optimize and enhance your Tin Can app experience. Do not share special categories of personal information when using our Services. Examples of “special categories of personal information” include information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or physiological beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership or data concerning data subject’s sex life or sexual orientation.
When you access or use our Services, we may generally collect the personal information described below.
- Information you provide us directly:
- Registration Information and Profiles. Social Radio Company Inc. (Tin Can app) will allow the end user to use your mobile number or a third party platform account to register in the Product and create an account. When you create an account, we may collect the personal information you provide to Social Radio Company Inc. (Tin Can app), such as your name, gender, date of birth, username, password, email address, picture, or phone number and so on. We also collect the information from the third-party account which can be used to identify you.
- User Content. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you create, post or share your photo, voice, videos, messages or communications for the public to view in our Services. Your posted content is still under your control after you post, and you can choose whether you want to continue to post, display or delete such materials.
- Communications Between Users and Social Radio Company Inc. (Tin Can app). When you contact us with questions, concerns or for purposes of customer/technical support, we collect the information contained in your message, which may include your name, contact details and any other personal information you provide. We may collect some personal information, such as your email address, and names and other information provided by you, when you communicate your opinions about our application and services via our feedback channel,
- Geolocation Data. We will collect geolocation data if you choose to share it with us so that we can more accurately filter results on our Services. We may be able to approximate your geolocation based on other information you provide, such as your profile.
- Information we automatically collect about you:
- Activity Data. We collect information about your use of the Services through third-party analytics tools. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We anonymize or aggregate such information so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any individual User.
- Device Information. When you use a mobile device (e.g., a tablet or smartphone) to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more 'device identifiers.' Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Social Radio Company Inc. (Tin Can app). A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Log File Information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ('IP') address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. In addition, in Settings, other user log information including all your activities in our Product, such as gifting, commenting, logging in, recharging details and chatting within 3-4 days, will be uploaded to us to help fix bugs, etc. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- Automatic log updates. Automated data collection does not lead to profiling that significantly affects Social Radio Company Inc. (Tin Can app) users, but simply gives Social Radio Company Inc. (Tin Can app) a clear picture of its users and influencers.
- Information we obtain about you from third party sources:
- Information You Share on Third Party Websites or through Social Media Services. We collect publicly available information, such as your public social media profiles or other content available on the Internet. Collecting such information helps us better understand your interest and preferences so that we can improve the accuracy of our information about you, better understand your needs, and to optimize our Services.
- Third-Party Services. Upon your request, we may collect or share information about you or others from third-party products or services integrated into our Services.
- Things Others Do and Information They Provide About You. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Service. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo or a video of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we gather through the Services for the purposes described below.
- Provide Services to You. We require certain information to provide you with the Services you requested. Such information may include your contact and device information. We share this information with our third-party service providers or partners to the extent necessary to continue to provide you with the Services. We cannot provide you with Services without such information.
- Send Service-related Communications. We use your contact information to send you administrative or account-related information to you to keep you updated about our Services, inform you of relevant security issues or updates, or provide other transaction-related information to you. Service-related communications are not promotional in nature. You cannot unsubscribe from such communications because you could miss important developments relating to your account or the Services that may affect how you can use our Services.
- Provide Customer Support. We process your personal information when you contact us to help you with any questions, concerns, disputes or issues, or to provide us with your feedback. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the Services.
- Enforce Terms, Agreements or Policies. To ensure your safety and adherence to our terms, agreements or policies, we may process your personal information to: actively monitor, investigate, prevent and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services; investigate, prevent, or mitigate violations of our terms and policies; enforce our agreements with third parties and partners; and, collect fees based on your use of our Services. We cannot perform our Services in accordance with our terms, agreements or policies without processing your personal information for such purposes.
- Security Purposes. We process your personal information to: improve and enforce our security measures; combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not access your account with us. We cannot ensure the security of our Services if we do not process your personal information for security purposes.
- Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance. We process your personal information to pay our taxes or fulfill our other business obligations, and/or to manage risk as required under applicable law. We cannot perform the Services in accordance with our legal and regulatory requirements without processing your personal information for such purposes.
- Personalize Your Experience. We allow you to personalize your experience on our Services via social media plugins on our Services (e.g., Facebook, Google, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), by keeping track of your preferences (e.g., nickname or display name, time zone, language preference, etc.), and more. Without such processing, you may not be able to access or personalize part or all of our Services.
- Conduct Research and Development. We process information about the way you use and interact with our Services to help us improve our Services, build new Services, and build customized features or Services. Such processing ensures your continued enjoyment of part or all of our Services.
- Engage in Marketing Activities. We may process your contact information or information about your interactions on our Services to: send you marketing communications; deliver targeted marketing; inform you about events, webinars, or other materials, including those of our partners; and, keep you up-to-date with our relevant products and Services. Transactional communications about your account or our Services are not considered “marketing” communications. In addition, when you share your friends’ contact information with us, we may reach out to them to invite them to our Services and to continue receiving our communications. You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time without charge.
Before we use your personal information in any other ways, we will disclose such other purposes to you. You can choose not to share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your consent. If you choose to limit the ways we can use your personal information, some or all of the Services may not be available to you.
- How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Affiliated Businesses. We may share your personal information with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Social Radio Company Inc. (Tin Can app) is part of, or that become part of that group ('Affiliates'). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- Our Service Providers, Business Partners and Others. We also may share your personal information with our service providers, business partners or third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ('Service Providers'). Such entities will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- Responding to Legal Requests and Preventing Harm. We may access, preserve and share your information if:
1.Required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order or similar request from judicial authority, law enforcement authorities or other competent public authorities;
2.We believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or
3.We believe that you have abused the Services by using it to attack our systems or to gain unauthorized access to our system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We may promptly notify you about the legal requests, including a copy of the original request, unless we are prohibited from doing so.
You can unsubscribe from marketing email communications from us by clicking on the 'unsubscribe link' provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes, updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
- Transfers of Your Information
If you choose to use the Services or provide your information to us, your personal information may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located. Such countries or jurisdictions may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
- Update and Access Your Information
You may update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years old, unless permitted to do so by applicable law. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information in our database. If you are a parent or guardian of a child, and you believe your child has provided us with their Personal Information on our Services, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We have physical, technical and administrative safeguards in place to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, we require that our service providers handling personal information also maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. We also have no way of protecting any of your personal information that is not in our control, such as any information transmitted via email or wireless connections.
Maintaining the security of your personal information is also your responsibility. Where we require you to register an account, you should choose a password of sufficient length and complexity and keep your password confidential. Do not leave your device unlocked so that other individuals may access it. Make sure you trust the wireless connections you are using to access or use our Services.
If you think there has been unauthorized access to or use of your account, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
- Retention of Personal Information
We will try to limit the storage of your personal information to the time necessary to serve the purpose(s) for which your personal information was processed, to enforce our agreement, policies or terms, to resolve disputes, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Please contact us if you have any questions about our retention periods. While retention requirements can vary by country, we generally apply the retention periods noted below.
- Marketing. We store information used for marketing purposes indefinitely until you unsubscribe. Once you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we add your contact information to our suppression list to ensure we respect your unsubscribe request.
- Activity Data. We may store any information about your interactions on our Services or any content created, posted or shared by you on our Services (e.g. videos, comments, support tickets, and other content) indefinitely after the closure your account for the establishment or defense of legal claims, audit and crime prevention purposes.
- Web and Application Behavior Data. We retain any information collected via cookies, clear gifts, flash cookies, web page counters and other technical or analytic tools in our system for a certain date and time from expiry of the cookie or the date of collection.
- Do Not Track
We do not track or respond to browser 'DO-NOT-TRACK' requests.
- California Residents
California law allows users of the Services who are California residents to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal information (if any) we shared with third parties, including our corporate affiliates, for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please contact contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty (30) days for a response.
In addition, if you are a California resident under the age of 18 and are a registered user of the Services, you may request that we remove content or information that you posted on Services or stored on our servers by: i) submitting a request as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section; and (ii) clearly identifying the content or information you wish to have removed and providing sufficient information to allow us to locate the content or information to be removed.
However, please note that we are not required to erase or otherwise eliminate content or information if:
- other state or federal laws require us or a third party to maintain the content or information;
- the content or information was posed, stored, or republished by another user;
- the content or information is anonymized so that the minor cannot be individually identified;
- the minor has received compensation or other consideration for providing the content.
- How to Contact Us